Party time at the Foire !
The flower festival:
- For May Day, an Eiffel Tower made entirely of flowers is on display in the central aisle.
- Every 1000th female visitor has a bouquet of flowers delivered to her home, courtesy of the Foire de Paris.
The food festival:
- A nose for spices: Jean LENOIR, author of the famous book “A nose for wine” invites visitors to guess, smell and discover the bouquets of his bottles.
- Fine wine auction.
- Villages of the world and Exotic Menus, a new exhibition in the Villages of the World area, provides visitors with an opportunity to discover crafts and local cuisine from a variety of countries (Portugal, USSR, Thailand)...
- reconstruction by the Air Force, of the air traffic control building (including a simulator) which had been on display at the Concours Lépine.
- Fanfares and military bands welcome visitors to the fair each morning.
- In the central aisle, the big stage is one of the fair’s main entertainment areas, featuring actors, tap-dancers, talented young performers and mime artists and hosting radio broadcasts.
- The first International Martial Arts Festival is held in hall 7, welcoming the European, World and Olympic champions in the discipline.
- 1991 is the year of “change with continuity”
- Acrobatic display, with sound and light accompaniment, combines sport and artistic creativity in an original production (trampolining, tumbling, acrosports, gymanastics and capoeira) with the World Trampoline champion.
- A new show: The collectors’ fair An auction is organised live from the show.
- Each day, the Blue Exhibition is the venue for synchronised swimming demonstrations. French national teams participate for the first time, including elite athletes in the French Swimming Federation’s other disciplines, such as the French women’s water-polo team.
- 90th anniversary of the Concours Lépine For the occasion, the Post Office, to the delight of philatelists, issued a commemorative stamp.
2 new exhibitions:
- 1st International Antique Dealers’ hub
- Advice area (answers to questions and everyday problems related to health, insurance, retirement...)
The fantastic lottery nights:
- produced by la Française des Jeux (National lottery operator), the fantastic lottery nights show premiers as part of the Foire de Paris evening programme.
1996 (26 April - 8 May)
A giant computer installed in the central aisle of the Porte de Versailles exhibition centre enables visitors to discover the history and evolution of information technology, design and interactive communication.
To mark the World Cup, the football area hosts the future World champions. Some of them even act as catwalk models, showcasing the collections of famous fashion designers.
To mark its entry into the new millennium, the Foire de Paris seeks to promote increased well-being by becoming “the city of dreams”, a slogan which reflects the background to the event and the strong festive spirit of the time.
The Foire de Paris focuses on culture and plays host to jazz by creating the biggest “Jazz Festival” ever staged in France: 660 musicians, over 150 concerts on 3 stages are set up around the Porte de Versailles Exhibition Centre!
100 years of the Foire de Paris!
To mark the anniversary, giant candles adorn the roofs of some of the halls.